Followers

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Another Morning in House Six

This morning  before breakfast we were being "pea pickers".  We did our first picking of the season.  We will pick again Monday morning.
 After breakfast I watered in houses two and three.  Then I began to work in house six.  I put on a long sleeved white shirt which turned green pruning tomato plants.  I put on exam gloves to keep my hands clean.  I worked in there for nearly three hours.  When finished I cleaned the center isle.  Some of the plants are above my head.  There are a lot of tomatoes.
It was so hot out side I decided I would work in the yard in the shade of the tree.  It is west of the drive way.  I have two pictures.   This is how it looked when I started.  I did not get finished, but maybe tomorrow.  There are a lot of weeds that haven't been cleaned out for two years.
 This is how it looks when I had to quit.  I can finish tomorrow.
One of the watermelon plants was eaten by earwigs.  I had one cotyledon which did not last very long with the bunch of earwigs.  I sprayed it this evening.  It is pictured below.
House one has a lot of egg plants on the east side.  Earwigs have been chewing on them.  They come out at night and seem to eat all night long.
This is a small garden cart that Lisa and Eric gave me.  I could then sit while I work.  I tried it in the garden and it was hard to move it while I was sitting on it because the ground was cloddy.  I brought into house one and was able to  move with ease.  To move forward I would roll the wheels forward.  I use the orange twine to pull it around without having to lift it.
I found a better way by pushing it backward with my feet.  The seat swivels.  I can turn to the right or left to prune the tomato plants or pull weeds.
Robert came here about four.  We worked in the south garden the rest of the afternoon.  We planted more pepper plants and put out the drip lines for the garden north of the asparagus.

Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment