Followers

Friday, August 26, 2016

Elizabeth is Here


An easy day for us

The typical breakfast I eat has the following. egg
  • over easy and served with toast
  • boiled. I make an egg salad with mayonnaise, homemade relish and served on a slice of buttered toast.
  • fried egg with yoke broken.  Turned over and cooked until yoke and white is cooked.  It is served on buttered toast and homemade sweet relish.
  • Scrambled served with toast and homemade salsa sauce.
  • Old fashion oatmeal mush and raisons sweetened with honey.  One batch is divided into three parts. I eat one and the other two are put in the fridge to be eaten on the next two mornings.
Elizabeth cooked the mush and prepared the open face egg salad.

I did the watering and fertilizing

Several months ago the fan that blows air between the two layers of poly on house two began to make a lot of noise.  I tried to lubricate it, but that didn't work.  Finally it would not turn at all.  I shut the power of and about a month ago I took it off and ordered a new one.  Today Elizabeth helped me replace it with the new one.  We had to remove the electrical cord from the old one and use it on the new one.  We could not remove the electrical clamp on the old one.  I found a new clamp in the garage.  We connected all the wires together and secured them with screw things.  We hooked it up and discovered that the electrical cord was three inches too short.  We remove the fan and turned it 180 degrees which would put the cord close enough.  the fan would not fit that way so we turned back like we had it.  We put the three nuts on.  We used an extension cord to make it work.

While we worked on the fan, a customer came and got a bunch of wave petunias.

We went to delta, picked up fertilizer and pots at Steve Regan.  We had lunch at Ashton's.  I had hamburger with swish cheese and mushrooms.  It was very good.

I began to empty the pots that contained dead flowers.  There are a lot of them. I filled two big black nursery cans.

When I got back to the house Elizabeth had cooked lunch.  She did a good job.  She made a dish with chicken breasts, fried potatoes, and mushrooms and gravy.  It was very good.

Carol and I went to the viewing of Madalyn Bennett.  She was 60 years old and had breast cancer for the last eight years.  She will be missed in the ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment