Followers

Monday, August 29, 2016

Quail Eggs

We have two patches of snap beans.  We picked the north row of bush beans first.  We filled two bowels of beans.  We then picked a lot of cucumbers.  Some of them had grown quite big.  They filled a five gallon bucket and a little more.  After taking them to the house, we picked the pole beans.  We picked more pole beans than bush beans.

We then picked the tomatoes.  I picked 25 ripe tomatoes the from the plant  on the west end of the row.  Carol helped me or I helped her.  We picked about a bushel.  When we finished we started breakfast.

Saturday Robert brought a large container of quail eggs.  He had some pickled eggs at the luncheon after Skyler home coming talk.  I fried eight  quail eggs for breakfast.  I had to cut off the top of the egg with a seirated knife and then poor the egg out into a small bowel.  After the frying pan was hot I pored the eggs into the pan.  After one side was cooked I turned them over. 
The following picture shows the eggs on a dish with a piece of toast.
I didn't get the lawn mowed last Friday, so I did it today.  One of the tires needed air.  I was easy with my new compressor.  It usually take an hour to mow the lawn.  It was no different today.

After mowing I started the weed whip and cut the grass missed by the lawn mower.  I put the weed whip in the truck and cleaned the ditch where we get the water.  It was full of an annual grass.  Carol saw me drive up and asked.  "where have you been? I replied, "Cleaning the ditch where we get our water."  She completed the conversation by saying, "We won't get another water turn."  Interestingly,  the water master came by and told me that I will be getting the water on Friday.

I weeded rye grass between south garden and Robert's garden.  It thought if that was cleaned up some, the place would look neater.  The I cut out all of the dead wood in the huge Elderberry shrub.  It looks a lot different now.  Tomorrow I will haul it the dump.

There is a pine tree and a English walnut tree that hasn't been watered for a long time.  I pruned the pine tree and gave it a good drink.  I also watered the walnut tree.

We have an ugly, large Elderberry bush that blooms but never sets fruit.  There is a lot of dead wood in it.   I worked for over two hours cutting out the dead branches and some live branch that were hanging down to the ground.  Below is a before pictures and  an after picture.  There is still some clean-up to do.  It looks pretty good.



watered nursery second time


No comments:

Post a Comment