Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Eagle Mountain


I got up a little after five this morning.  We need to be at the Durfey Cleaners in Provo by eight and I figured that we would be there a 7:30.  I read a chapter in The Book of Mormon.  The time got away from me and I thought that we wouldn't make by then.  I had a quick breakfast.  my jaw on the left side has been hurting.  It is hard to eat solid foods.  Breakfast was creamy wheat and egg salad sandwich.  I ate the egg of the bread and slowly ate the bread on the road. 

We made a bathroom stop in Nephi and then on our way.  We arrived at the Durfey Cleaners around 8:10.  I took my suit in and we were in luck.  He went to the back.  When he came to the front, he told us that it would be ready by 3:30.

Next we found a Jiffy Lube, where we got in line to get an oil change.  They changed the oil, checked other fluid, washed the window, and vacuumed the car.  We had to wait 30 minutes before they finished.  We got the oil change and then headed for Eagle Mountain.  That took about twenty minutes.  We had a hard time finding it Tuesday afternoon, but much easier today.  Today it seemed like every traffic light turned red just before we got to it.

We had another nice visit with Eric and Megan.  We also enjoyed our great grandson, Ezra, and two grand daughters, Payten and Hanna.  After our visit we brought Elizabeth back home with us.
Merrill and Hanna
Merrill and Payten    Below left is Payten swinging and below right is Hanna swinging
We met Lisa and Skyler at the puppy barn in American Fork.  They sell a lot of different breeds of dogs.  All of them are puppies.  The prices ranged from $250 to nearly $1,200.  We were there for quite a long time.  One had to put a disinfectant on their hands before they could touch a puppy.  It had to be done again before touching another puppy. The following scripture was posted on the wall of the Puppy Shed.   "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast" Proverbs 12:10
We all met in Orem at a Chinese restraint for lunch.  I ate only the foods that did not take any or very little chewing.  The food was good.

The next stop was in Provo where I had left my suit.  It was ready.  We went to Costco to buy gas and get the ink for my printer.  I also had my glasses fixed.  I bent them several months ago.  On the way home we stopped off at the Red Barn for ice cream. 

We got home a little after six.  The car was unloaded.  I took the cat food out to Tiger, our kitten that was neutered yesterday.  She disappeared last night, but showed up this evening while I was watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment