Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

7-20-2016


This morning I watered the baskets in the front yard.  A little while later Ann came over and I showed her what to water while we are gone to Los Vegas.  She has be a great neighbor and help.  She will be in St George tomorrow and will not be able to do the watering.  She will water twice on Friday.

Jim came over a little later.  He will water the plants and nursery in the afternoon tomorrow.  An will water on Friday.

We have a bad infestation of Daddy Long Legs spiders.  I have tried to kill the with a broom, but the broom is to large.  yesterday, I took a long stick and wrapped around the end of the stick/ part of an old sock.  This helped to crush the spiders.  Today I made some improvements.  I walked out to the nursery to get and old broom and use the wooden handle to make it more comfortable in my hand.  Ii was in the shed.  I brought it out and a customer drove up.  They were with the state department of agriculture.  Both of them bought some plants.

Carol asked me to move the surfinias baskets from the kidney.  Most are dead and the others are no flowering.  I had explained to Ann and Jim that they should be watered twice each day. 

I spent much of the afternoon getting all the gardens watered and hope they will be alright until we get home Saturday afternoon.

I dug some volunteer potatoes.  We will take some of the with us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment