Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Full Day's Work


There were three cabbage plants growing in house one.  Most all the plants have died for the lack of water but these cabbage plants have been watered several times a day this month.  I planted them in the garden where the peas had been growing.

I added two more outlets to the north garden watering system.  I extended the pipe 3 1/2 feet to the north.  I can now water without having to remove the hoses.

I staked up an other row of corn to protect it from the wind.  I can do it fairly quickly.  I put a tall stake on each end of the row.  I then stretch bailing twine between the two stakes about eighteen inch above the ground.  These are pulled tight.  I put three shorter stakes in the row between the two pieces of twine.  The twine at the point of the stakes is looped over the stake.  The corn is now secured.

There were some new runners on our strawberry plants.  I secured them with staples made out of electrical wire.

I put in a rain bird sprinkler on the west end of the back lawn.  It is not the style that I wanted, but it will work. 

Removed two dying tomato plants and replaced them with two new ones that were growing on the bench north of house two.  One five inch pot hat a cherry tomato, a brandy wine tomato and an egg plant.  We had potted some perennials using soil from a germination tray which previously tomatoes in it.  The other one had a black cherry plant in it.  This will be an interesting project to watch.  Both plants have never been in a greenhouse and thy should grow without any transplant shock or sun burn.






No comments:

Post a Comment