Followers

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Angiogram

We were up at five, and left for Provo and 5:30.  The worst part of the rode was from Holden to Scipio Summit.  It was clear until we reached the Payson area, where they become snow pack and slick.  fortunately,  traffic slowed down and there were not accidents.

We parked and went to the admission desk and checked it.  We were directed to take the elevator to the second floor, where we turned to the right.  At the end of the hall were a pair of closed doors.  We picked up the phone, which after a minute or two, seemed longer, began to ring.  We were ushered to the changing station.  There I removed all my clothing and put on the hospital gown.  The nurses drew blood, put an Ive on my left arm.  then a ten point electro cardiograph was attached to different place from my shoulder two my feet.  It took only seconds to complete.  We then waited for my cardiologist to come.  We waited there for over an hour. 

I was wheeled into another room   The I was put to sleep and a little over two hours was taken back to my change room.  I had to lay there for four hours without moving.  I could drink some water.  I took only little sips.  I didn't want to over fill my bladder.

My doctor found two problems.  first, the sting was not allowing much blood flow and second, blood flow was restricted on both arms of a branch. The surgeon explained the need for three by passes.  they will take veins down the inside of my left leg and another vein under my left breast.  The photo below was taken just before we left the hospital.
Surgery is schedule for Tuesday morning.  I will go in sometime Monday afternoon for tests and bloodwork. They said that it would take four hours.  Then Tuesday morning we report at the hospital to do all the preparations
.  The surgery should last four hours and another two to fours for recovery.  The next morning I will be taken out of recovering room and then into the intensive care room.

We had ice cream at the Red Barn.  The roads were clear and dry all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment