Followers

Monday, January 16, 2017

Robert Came to Help


Carol and I had gone to Fillmore to for a few groceries and to pick up a speaker for my laptop and the chain for my chain saw.  While we were there, Robert called.  He is coming to Holden to take home some of the things of his that are in our garage.

He and some of his friends are opening a YouTube channel to cover a wide range of activities the involves gardening, greenhouse gardening, small animals, vines,  and orchard.  It is a big project.  We walked through the greenhouse and around the yard, explaining different options.

I have been building in a large set of shelves for the garage.  More shelves allows me to get more boxes off the floor. 

 I used a three of the four boards and cut them to the length of six feet.  I glued three of them together two make the styles.  The stiles are the vertical parts of the construction.  I cut the board below into four styles.  I wanted four 1.5"  squares, six feet long.  I cut the squares a little wider so I could use my thickness plainer to get the to wanted thickness.  I left them at the original size.
In the photo below shows the wood for the rails.  Rails are horizontal.  I used 2 x 4's and 2 x 6's and other two inch wood that I could find.  For four shelves I made 10 rails. Five on each side. they were 21.5" long.  The front and back rails were 27" inches long.  Five in the back and five in the front.
Here are the four completed styles.  The gray board on the left is a piece left over from a 2x4.  I have some new Kreg tools, which I received for my birthday.  I have watched a lot of YouTube videos showing how to use the tools.  We worked with them for nearly and hour and finally got it figured out.  I needed a different screw driver to attach the rails to the styles.  It was getting late and Robert wanted get home before dark. 
 After Robert went home swept the floor of the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment