Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Saturday Irrigation

 I was told by the water master that the water would be turned to me at six this morning.  It was a little after six when I got up.  I dressed and said my prayers, grabbed a rake and shovel and drove up to the ditch, The water hadn't been turned down.  I didn't have my phone, so I turned around and headed home.  Just then a truck headed south.  It was the water master.  He got the water running and then put in the gate which turned the water to our yard.  Richard and I went up several times to clean the screens.  The last time we went up we took out the screens.  We started the water on the east lawn first.  We moved the pipes to different locations to water all the grass and the front lawn east of the sidewalk. We then watered the back lawn, after it was well watered, we started water on the front lawns.

The only picture I got.  It shows the driveway in the afternoon shade.  The grass/lawn west of the driveway was well watered.  The pipe in the bottom of the picture is delivering water to the front lawn.  We fixed it so we can have time to eat lunch.  We worked more on the back lawn and then turned water into the orchard.  We let the water fun on the peonies and the orchard until the water was shut off.  The next person took the water around 5:30. We then had supper.  Anderew Brown then came and started the air conditioner going.  It was a simple fix.  He simply turned the switch to the on position.  The house started to cool down immediately.  Richard and I put all the pipes away.   We watched TV until we went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment