Followers

Friday, November 20, 2015

Organizing The Kitchen Drawers


The cabinets under the counter have a double with door.  We open the door and there are two drawers.  Both have glides so the can be extended.  The bottom drawer will not open.  We have tried to pull it open over the years.  This morning I was going to fix it.  I put the contents of the bottom drawer on top of the counter.  The empty drawer should be a easy to pull out.  But it wasn't.  I pulled harder.  I used two flathead screw drivers, one on each side.  I was then able to pull it out.  I put it on the table making it easier to work. The front of the drawer had been pulled so many times that it bowed out and become disconnect to the bottom of the drawer. I put Elmer's glue in the rabbit and pulled it all together with one clamp.

I reinforced the inside bottom of the drawer a 1" x 1 1/2" board almost the width of the drawer.  Then a smaller piece of oak underneath the drawer bottom.   It was trial and error to get the holes in the right place and then put screws in to hold it all together. 

Carol organized everything and made it easy to find what we needed.

I worked in the nursery after lunch.  We went for a drive through town.  We do that almost every day.  The day was cool, but quite nice.  The sun was shinning most of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment