Followers

Monday, November 9, 2015

To St. George and Back



Yesterday, A Face Book posting showed Anne, Carol's sister, with a lot of lemons.  I posted on her post that we should get together.  A few minutes later we get a phone call from Anne.  Carol and Anne decided that we would meet in the St George Temple parking lot at eleven, to pick up the lemons.

This morning we gathered some of our garden produce, ie, cabbage, sweet potato, celery, and onions, to take with us.  We left about 9:15 and got there just before eleven.  Monday is a day that there are very few cars in the parking lot.  Surprise. The parking lot was full so we drove up and down several of the isles look for an.  We decided to park on the street.  As we had to wait for one car to go by before we exited the parking lot.  Another surprise, The car that we were waiting for was Anne's car.  We then turned on the street and they pulled up behind us.  We gave them our produce and we loaded five big tubs of lemons in our car.


This summer when we took them tomatoes, we ate at the Big Bear Diner.  We at there today and had a nice dinner of fish and chips.  We ordered two dishes and two empty plates.  Anne and Fred shared theirs and Carol and I shared ours.  Lunch was very good and we visited for quite some time. We parted, they headed back to Las Vegas, and we drove back home. 



Last week I bought a 3/8 inch cordless drill at Harbor Freight in Orem.  It didn't work.  There is a Harbor Freight in St George.  I stopped there to exchange it for an other one.  We didn't have a problem changing it.  On the way home I took it out of the box and couldn't get this one to work either.  It would no go in reverse.

We got off the freeway at 200 west, went west and turned to the south on Cove Street.  We drove to the top of it and found the Cedar City Temple.



We stopped in Beaver at the Cheese Plant,  Carol got a cone and I got a small cup.

I called the number for Harbor Freight, and was on hold for a long time.  I tried a little later and was still on hold.  I went to their web page to see if I could get help there.  I tried to put the drill in reverse again and discovered the problem.  There is a switch on the side of the drill.  When the switch is clear out, it will drive in a screw.  I pushed it in a little which felt like the reverse, But the drill still went clock wise.  I pushed it all the way, it locked.  I was messing around with the one from St George and pushed the button a little harder, it went further in.  I pulled the trigger and it went in reverse.  Problem solved.

After we got home I began to remove the annuals an cut the perennials to the ground from the brume west of our driveway.  We had one plant like a decennia that would freeze.  I dug it up and repotted it in a five gallon pot.  It is in house three.

No comments:

Post a Comment