Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

To Provo for Supplies


We drove to Provo this morning.  Our first stop was at Walmart in Payson where I bought an alarm clock for Carol.  The one that she had did not work.  It would ring at strange times and did not ring when it should.  When we got home I plugged it in, put the back-up batteries in, tried to set time and the alarm.  To my frustration I could not do it.  What did I do?  I read the directions and followed them perfectly I thought.  I read them several more time.  I was standing, then I found a place to sit.  Finally I got it.  It is really easy. 

I bought a timer that would turn the lights on and off in the hen house.  The one that I had for three years wore out.  A couple of days ago when a frost was forecast, I went out to turn a hose on to sprinkle water on the luffa sponges.  It was around eleven and when I walked past the hen house, the lights were on.  I pulled the plug.  I checked the clock and changed it to the correct.  Later I saw that it was on in the middle of the day.

Today I bought a new one; when I got home it was a lot easier to hook up than the alarm was to set the time. 

We stopped at Sam's club.  The usual thing we get there is cat food.  We bought batteries for Carol's clock, and a few other things.  We had lunch at the Golden Coral in Orem.  I never get my money's worth.  It come to $20.  At other places we can get a pretty good meal for half that price. One plus is that we saw Joe Liddell and his wife Eloise. who is my cousin. 

On the way home we stopped at Costco where I got a bundle of socks and filled the car with gas @2.049 a gallon.  Nearby is a new Walmart where I bought the timer for the chickens.  We got home at 3:30.  Then I got the two clocks working.

Some of the tomato plants in the garden did not freeze.  The last two nights I left the sprinkler on the luffa sponges.  To night, I covered them.


No comments:

Post a Comment