Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2017

More Spraying


I filled the spray tank two times and sprayed the tall grass between the shade house and our neighbor's yard.  The grass is quite tall.  It would have been much easier if I had done that two weeks ago.

Yesterday, I borrowed  a neighbor's four wheeler and ten gallon tank. I bought a twenty gallon tank years ago and pushed it on my two wheeled cart with a battery.  It was hard to push and didn't work to well.  I dusted it off this morning.  I think that I can build a platform for it on the deck of my lawn mower.  There is a light switch on my mower, but there is no light. I can turn the pump on by using the light switch.   I can drive it around and spray to the front and either side.

Carol raked up all the old desert 4 O'clock plants. While I was spraying weeds in the south-east corner of our yard, Carol was raking last year's Desert 4 O'clock.  She had four big piles.  I put the first one on a blue sheet.  I gathered the four corners together, picked it up, and threw it over my shoulder.
I sprayed one more tank after lunch.  The wind started to blow.  I wanted to spray the weeds on the berm north of the greenhouses,  Some of the plants are growing close to gather and I wouldn't want to spray the plants.

I found some petunia seed mix.  I should have planted them a month ago,  but they should be ready to transplant into the garden by the end of May.  

The lawn hasn't been mowed for over two weeks, so I did it this afternoon.  I lowered the mower one half inch.  The lawn looks pretty good.

At the end of the day I went home teaching.


Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment