Followers

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Picking Before the Frost.

We had a good rain last night.  Today was cool but no more rain.

I thought that Robert and Frank would be here this morning to pick the tomatoes, cucumbers, beans.  They are usually here by ten.  After lunch I called him.  He said that it had been raining in Woodland Hills and thought that it might be raining here.  About two Carol and I picked the beans.
The bean harvest was really good.  This week was a lot better than last week.  Carol picked the south side of the row and I picked the north side.
I put them on the scales and the fuzzy picture shows  a little over eleven pounds.
This morning started picking the stems of the last bunch of raisins.  I finished up tonight during the women's conference.  Which by the way was really good.  Interesting enough was the raisins weighted the same as the beans.  I still need to wash the raisins I did yesterday and today.  That is a job for Monday. 

Late this afternoon I finished the clean-up in house two, I mean the emptied the trays.  I hauled away the wheel barrow full of dead plants, and in one of my new gardens for next year. and began again to empty the pots and trays in house one.  Also, in house two I hauled more horse manure that was washed in.  There is still a little more to remove.


No comments:

Post a Comment