Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Plum Juice, Dried plums and Apples


Yesterday afternoon after we got back from the Temple, I picked a big bunch of plums.  They are mostly ripe and are really sweet.  We got the juicer out.  We filled to the top with plums.  We left the pit in.  After an hour of steaming we poured the juice into the four quart bottles and one pint.  Carol offered me a taste, it was hot,  She let it cool a little and the taste was pretty blough.  She added sugar and the taste was good. 
I slice the apples with a peeler slicer machine.  It worked really well.  Carol  put the apple slices on the dryer.  She removed all the pits from the plum and put them on the dryer upside down.  They have been drying most of the day.  We will turn it off at for the night.

 The grapes have been drying in house three for a couple of months.  Monday I started removing the stem.  I did more last nigh.  I have two quart bags full of dried grapes, raisins.  They are pretty dirty.  Next year I will wash them and pull of the stems, and put them out to dry.  It is hard to pull of those tiny stems after they are dry.  I washed the dirty raisins and put them on a towel to dry.  As I write thins they are nearly dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment