Followers

Monday, December 12, 2016

Here All Day


I don't get up as early during December.  Six to seven hours of sleep is the recommended amount of time in bed.  I did some reading in the Book of Mormon and It was nearly eight before I turned on the TV to watch the news.  Some rain fell during the night and everything was wet.  After breakfast, I walked out to the nursery; the drops of water were hanging from the branches like little glittering diamonds.  I took a few pictures.  My iPhone and my shaking hand doesn't do the best.
Tiger lately has been climbing the ladder getting on the garage.  She was down for breakfast and then went back up.
Carol wrapped the presents for Elizabeth and Noah.  While she was doing this I picked up a box and an envelop at the post office.  There is no charge for these.  Their presents would not fit into the padded envelop, but the box was perfect.

We heard someone on the roof which were the roofing guys.  It was a little before ten. They worked until about three.  The garage is nearly finished.  I thought that they would finished it today, but they left. 

I helped Carol with the pomegranate jelly.  She has saved the fruit from our pomegranate bushes for nearly two months.  There were two zip bags in the freezer.  We juiced them, cooked them, and put them in the bottle.  That went so well that we made some grape jelly from the grape juice that we bottled.   pomegranate jelly is on the left and grape jelly on the right.
I had an order for four Curl Leaf Mountain Mahogany.  They were outside and frozen solid.  I put them in house two to thaw out.  This afternoon I prepared them for shipping.  the procedure went well.  I didn't have the right size of a box.  I used two small boxes with two plants in each box.  I taped the two boxes together.  One large box is cheaper to ship than two small boxes. 

At the computer I began to prepare an invoice and discovered that the order was for four Silver Leaf Buffalo Berry plants.  I had to find another box.  It took me another hour box the plants.  I then had to unpack the others and take them back to the nursery.  I drove them to UPS transfer station.  The door was locked and I left them on the step.  This is how I packed them and I then unpacked them.


 When I returned from the UPS terminal.  Tiger was still on the roof.  I climbed up the ladder and she run away, but still on the roof.  I think she is frightened and will still be there when we get back tomorrow afternoon. 

Comments are welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment