Followers

Friday, December 16, 2016

Wind, Rain, hail, and Snow

It was fairly warm this morning for this time of the year.  I believe it was in the high 40's.  Mike our roofer came over for a while to clean up some.  He started putting a few shingles down, but the wind was blow so hard that it would blow the shingle back in his face.  He then went home.

Early this afternoon the south wind was blowing hard.  Some of the old poly on a couple of the greenhouses began to tear.  A little later the wind changed from the north and was a lot colder.

I am the ward historian.  I worked on that for nearly two hours.  I had a few emails with some of the history from the young men's president.  It took awhile to get that part looking good.  I haven't heard from the other organizations.  I spent an hour on making an email group of six, where I could email them reminders.  I got that done and mailed each of them a reminder.

Tiger, our cat, is on the roof and there is about two inches of snow.  I don't know how he gets up there.  There are no trees close enough for her to climb and jump to the roof.  I made a long board from two pieces of wood which gave her a ramp to climb down.

It began hail and then to snow around three.  The snow stuck to our satellite dish which prevented the signal from reaching our TV.  We have a light weight broom with a tubuler handle.  I found a one by one ten foot piece of oak in the garage.  I carved the end so it would fit inside of the broom handle.  I inserted wood into the broom handle.   With this tool I was able to sweep the snow of the dish while standing on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment