Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas Cards 2016


Several weeks ago when Carol and I were up north; that is basically in Utah County, we bought some nice Christmas cards.  I made address labels of friends and family whom we mail cards to.  I have a box of labels 100 sheets with 33 labels on each sheet.  I bought them several years ago to mail catalogs to our nursery customers.  I don't do that any more. 

I found the label file on my computer and made an attempt to print the labels.  There was one problem.  In the box of labels was a different style and they did not fit the labels from the computer.  I spent four hours or so to two or three different days.  I could not get them to fit.  I decided to use the spread sheet and make my own label template.  I spent a lot of time on that and printed on recycled paper and it would not fit.  Recycled paper is a sheet with one side which is blank.  I filled a trash can with these.

I went back to the last years list and got out a new sheet of label paper.  It was a different style and fit perfectly.  La La, I made a sheet of labels in seconds.  I gave them to Carol and she began to stuff the envelops.  Carol wrote a Christmas greeting that she wanted to put in the card.  There were eight on each sheet.  I used card stock.  The four sheets produced 32 cards. 

The birth of the
Savior is a
Wonderful reason
To experience joy
& love, especially
This Christmas season
Have a
Wonderful Christmas

Our furnace has not been working properly for the last couple of weeks.  At nigh I set it at 62 degrees.  When I get up in the morning the temperature is in the 50's.  I have to turn it up 110 before the furnace kicks on.  I then turn it back to 70.  Most of the time it turns off at 65.  I then adjust it again to keep the house warm.  I called Andrew Brown several times and finally got a hold of him last night.  He came this morning and determined that the thermostat was malfunction.   He put on a knew  one and now it is working perfectly.  The new one will not turn on the A/C. but we don't kneed that until May or June.  He will be here Friday morning with the right thermostat.


No comments:

Post a Comment