Followers

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Snow Stopped the Work on the Roof

I didn't expect Mike this morning.  The forecast was for snow starting at eight.  Mike came and began working.  I offered to help, but there was not anything that I could do.  He worked for a couple of hours and had to quit because of the snow.
The snow had quit some before lunch.  I shoveled two inches of snow off the driveway and the front side walk.  After lunch it began to snow again.  There is getting deep on the back lawn. 

We feed one of our cats under the eve above the garage.  This evening I climbed the step ladder and put fresh cat food up there for her.  I then came down to get the water.  I turned around and saw one of our wild cats at the top of the ladder and jumped to the roof.  I but the water down and grabbed the cat by her tail and pulled.  She clung on, but I was much stronger.  She fell to the ground and ran away so fast.   Next the black cat was up there.  I moved the food and will wait for her to come down.

Several weeks ago, we would find tiger on top of the house.  At that time there was a ladder against the house.  It was not unusual for the cats to climb the ladder and walk around the house.  They would then come down the ladder.  When the roofers began to remove the old shingles.  Tiger found a place to hid in the attic of the roof that attached the house to the garage.  Tiger would go in there.  I would feed her there by  climbing up the step ladder.  I put food up there.  Tiger came for the food and I grabbed her and brought down to the ground.  Not long after that she was back on the roof.  Walking around the house I couldn't find a tree that was close enough to the roof that she could climb and then jump to the roof.  I now think that she would climb the step ladder which was close enough for her to jump up to the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment