Followers

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

TV Problems

We spent the morning at the Manti Temple.  We left at 4:15 am and arrived home at 2:30 pm.  It was a good day.   The roofers were working on the house when we got home.  By the time they left most of the garage and south side of the house was done.  This is the south side above the kitchen.
 This is the east side of  the south wing above my bedroom.  The TV dish is west of the pine tree.
The roofers today removed the Direct TV dish, removed the shingles, put down new shingles, and then replaced the dish.  We don't get a any TV. I called the Direct TV people and reported the problems.  The first person could not help me.  She referred me the next person who did several tests.  None of them worked.  It showed that nothing could be done except to call a technician.  She set up an appointment.  He could come in the afternoon of Thursday, December 22.  Cost is $50.00.   I put the ladder to the roof, climbed up on the roof to see if there was a way to move the dish.  It was pretty solid.

This evening I went on YouTube to see if I could find out how to do it.  One was setting up a dish on a camp out.  Another one was replacing one on a roof after new shingles.  It took about 27 minutes to view it.  The guy had the camera in one hand and a tool in the other hand.  Bad, bad, bad.  The camera never did focus on one part long enough to be able to tell what he was doing.  The last one I watch was nearly six minutes long.  It showed how to do it.  I watched four or five times.  Check the following link.     Dish alignment  video

The weather was cool and partly cloudy.

Comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment