Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Presents are Wrapped


This morning I had planned to fix our satalite dish, so we would be able to watch TV.  Carol had other plans.  I'm not going to go into much detail.   She began to wrap the Christmas presents.  I helped her.  We finished around lunch time.

We got a good start.  The roofer began their work which was evident from the walking on the roof.  The door bell rang and answering it Mike, the foreman, wanted to get TV working.  I suggested that he needn't fix it.  I could do it later.  He insisted on fixing it.  His helper came in.  We went to menu and then to setting which showed the amount of signal that was coming in.  Most showed "0" and should be 85 or higher.  After a few adjustment all five signal lines were 85 or higher.  We have TV now.  Direct TV service person was scheduled to be here in the afternoon of December 22.  I cancelled it.

We went to Fillmore made arrangements to get a new home insurance home policy.  We need to go in later and sign all the papers.

The roofers have most of the shingles on the garage and the south part of the house.  They removed the shingles from the northeast part of the roof.

My table saw has been in the garage for fifteen years or so.  It is plugged into a 220 volt line.  The saw cord is too short to reach the wall and lay on the floor.  Every time I walk on the left side of the saw I have to make a high stem get over it.  Frequently I would not step high enough and pull the cord out of the wall.  I bought the supplies needed  to make a four foot extension cord.  I did it this evening before and after supper.  It cord was heavy duty, but I managed to make it work.  I took it out to the garage it works perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment