Followers

Thursday, December 24, 2015

New Christmas Eve

The light comes on about 5:44 am.  It woke me up and I was up a few minutes later, showed, shaved, and said my prayers.  I read from the scriptures last night, therefore, I spent some time this morning trying to connect our TV with the internet.  One major reason was to be able to got to the LDS.org, which is the main church website.  I was unsuccessful in this effort.  I did find a couple of videos produced by members of the church and one that was anti Mormon.  It didn't start out that way, but after watching it awhile it appeared to be so.  I turned it off, and watched the 7:00 news.  Fifteen minutes later the power went off.  It is still dark.  I found a flash light, Carol was up and she found the emergency lamp, and then had her bath.

With the power off, I was concerned about the temperature in the greenhouse.  I grabbed my light and walked to house two.  The temperature was 40 degrees. I checked it several more times during the next two hours.  The lowest that it dropped was 38 degrees.  The temperature outside the front door was 24.5 degrees.  The sun came up around 8:30 and things began to warm up a little. 

When it was a little lighter I did a job that I kept putting off.  I cleaned the toilet.  There were a lot of yellow hard water stains.  I removed the water from the bowl by pouring water quickly into the bowl. I it was a quick flush without emptying the tank.  Since the tank was full the bowl remained empty.  I soaked paper towels in vinegar, then covered the stains with the towels.  I left them on all day.  I took them off this evening and scrubbed and remaining stains.  the bowel looks like new.  There were a few places high under the rim that I could not see.  They will get another treatment in the morning. 

The photo on left has the paper towels soaked in vinegar.  Photo on the right it the cleaned toilet bowel.

The power came on about nine.  We then drove to Fillmore to gas up the car and get a few groceries.

I worked in the nursery in the late afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment