Followers

Monday, December 14, 2015

First Real Winter Snow


The forecast yesterday was for a big snowstorm to come through Utah today.  It started snow some early this morning, I think that it was about 3:30.   A light comes on every morning at 5:44.  I don't have to have an alarm wake me up, and it usually wakes me up as soon as it comes on.  When it came on I chose to stay in bed just a few more minutes.   I must have gone back to sleep because in was a little after six when I climbed out of bed. 

I showered, pulled of the sheets to be washed, and read a chapter from the Book of Mormon,  Carol was up by now and began the laundry.  Tiger, our cat, lives in one of the greenhouses.  I take her food out in the morning and again in the evening.  That I did and she was there waiting for her breakfast.  I let the chickens out so they could get a drink from the dish the has water running in it night and day.  I usually through out hen scratch to them each morning but there was too much snow.  I fed them their mash in a large rubber dish in the hen house.

It snowed all day.  This morning there was about four inches of snow.  This is when I took the picture.
and by night there was about eight inches.  

After lunch, I worked for Carol.  She is in the Cub Scouts and every two years she has to be trained. She was trained on line and is now certified to work with the scouts.  It took about fifteen minutes to get her and account.  She took the training and now has a Youth Protection Training certificate.

This afternoon I put air in the tractor tires, attached the shovel to the tractor, and began the task of pushing the snow off the driveway and a walking area through the back yard.  Carol had made vegetable soup, with potatoes, left over roast from Sunday, carrots, celery and some leaks that I dug from the garden.  They were covered with snow on top of the leaves to protect the from freezing.  It was very good..

Looked out the door just now and there is another inch of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment