Followers

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

To Manti and Back


Last Tuesday morning we did not go to the Manti Temple.  The forecast was for a lot of snow.  We decided not to go Monday evening.  Last night was a different story.  The forecast was for rain.  My alarm clock is set to wake me up at 3:26.  I heard it this morning and was up immediately.   Carol was also up by then.  The outdoor temperature at the front door was 37 indicating there was no snow.  When we left it was raining a little.  After picking up the Masners and Carol Gager we headed north.  Our route takes through Scipio, Salina, Gunnison, Sterling, and then to Manti. 

It was raining most of the way and there were  a few spots in the higher areas, that it was lightly snowing.  The snow melted as soon as it hit the highway.

It was raining in Manti I parked the car and I my hair was somewhat wet by the time I made the short walk back to the Temple.  The person who was to be the initiatory coordinator did not come so I was the one who got the job.  The day went really well.

After lunch in the Temple cafeteria, we began the journey home. It rained most of the way home.  As we approached the Scipio Lake the rain began to freeze as it hit the road.  I was more a partially frozen slush.  Carol slowed down to about 40mph.  There were a few cars and trucks that had stopped ahead of us.  One car had rolled over and landed upside.  We slowly passed by them and cautiously went on our way.  Coming toward us was three patrol cars with lights flashing, and ambulance, and several tow trucks.  As we got near Scipio the icy roads were replaced by wetness.  There were trucks off the road on our way to the Scipio summit.  We passed more tow trucks.  We arrived safely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment