Followers

Monday, February 1, 2016

Another Big Snow

It snowed on the way home form the Temple in Manti, Saturday night.  Sunday, yesterday, was a snowy day, and this morning there was another four inches of snow. 

Using a large scope shovel, I removed about six inches of snow from the front sidewalk.  I used to do that pretty quick years ago, but now I have to stop and rest several minutes.  I got it all cleaned off.

I put air in the tractor tires.  That tractor easily started.  Starter key has not worked for years, so I have to hot wire it.  It started up and drove it out of the greenhouse with the bucket close to the ground pushing eight inches of snow a head of it.  I pushed snow all the way to the road.  I pushed some to the side and backed up and pushed snow again.  I made it out to the street and began clearing the snow from the driveway.  My tractor for some reason will not move very fast, especially when go a slightly uphill. 

That's much like me at the Manti temple.  I park the car in the maintenance parking lot.  The walk back to the temple is slightly uphill and as I get closer to the temple I slow down.  I think that there is a little heart stress. 

I like to start by the garage door and push the snow north down the driveway and across the road.  But I have to push it off the sides of the driveway.  I finally got it cleaned off.  I drove to the Stephenson's west of us and removed snow in front of their house where they park their car and truck.

After finishing that I went to the Miller's.  They have two cars and a truck at their place.  The truck was gone.  It took me quite a while there.  The snow plow pushed the snow behind the cars.  After a lot of forward pushing and backing up to push more snow.  When that job was finished I drove across main street cleaned out Fawn Hunters drive way.  It was fairly steep.  I drove up forward, turned around and pushed downhill.  It took about five passes for that.

I stopped for lunch, started the tractor up and drove north to the Masner's home.  The car and truck were sort of snowed in.  I pushed snow on both sides of their car and one side of their truck.  Their vehicles were parked facing the street.  I pushed the snow in front of the vehicles and then in back of the vehicles.  I was going to do more, but it was so cold and was going up hill so slowly.  I put the tractor in reverse, started going faster, and made backward you turn.  The wind was blowing.  I turned around a came home. 

I did a little planting and quit for the night.


The

No comments:

Post a Comment