Followers

Monday, February 22, 2016

Utah County Today

With a big list in hand we headed for the big city,  Big? Oren and Provo.  First thing in Utah county was a stop at Spanish Fork and Costo.  There we stopped for gas.  Surprise, 1.599 for a gallon of gas.  We filled up for under $20.00.  We went into the store for a bathroom break.  I took the ink cartridges for the Dell and HP printers to have them refilled.  The Dell cartridges were empty.  I had them refilled.  The HP cartridges were more than half full.  I brought them back.

We drove to Sam's Club, where we bought a whole bunch supplies and a few groceries.  I brought the battery for my Sony camera.  It runs down after a couple of days. I went to three different tech stores.  The first two, had none.  The third one was a battery store.  $49.95 was too much for me.  I concluded that I could recharge more frequently than a new battery.  I put it back into my pocket.

6x9 envelopes were on my list.  I stopped at one of the office stores and found some.  I wanted brown envelopes with out a clasp.  But there were not any.  So I got the white ones.  They are pretty light duty.  They don't take as much postage.  They are called catalog envelopes.

We had lunch at Jdogs.  The only thing they serve are hot dogs  with five different condiments.  We ate at one in Provo down from BYU.  The serve polish or beef dogs grilled in front of us.  They were good. 

We have a great grandson who is two months old who we have not seen.  He is the son of Emly and Stwert Lewis.  The live in the north east of Orem.  We sort of new how to get there.  We drove past 400 East where we should have turned to the north.  A quick U turn got us back on track.  We turned to the east and mad a right turn.  It was the wrong street.  We went to the next one.  This is it.  We knocked on the door.  There was no answer and it was the wrong house.  The is about the fourth U turn that we made.  We the showed up at the right house and were met at the door by our grand daughter. 
Carol and Oliver
Emily and Patrick
Carol, Oliver, and Merrill
We had a short visit, got few photos, and some hugs then headed back to Costco.  I picked up the ink, we got a few items.  While doing this there were a lot of samples that we accepted.  Most were good, and there were a few others that we would not buy.

We headed straight home.  It was 4:45.  Unloaded the car and began a little resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment