Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine 2016


Friday afternoon, I drove to Fillmore to get a Valentine present for Carol.  I thought that a box of chocolates would very appropriate.   I stopped at the hardware store, which has a section of cards, sewing supplies and appliances, etc.  I asked them for chocolate.  The did not have any and suggested the drug store.  The someone suggested the florist shop on the south end of town.  I was there in just a few minutes and pleasantly discovered that the had a lot of different valentine gifts including boxes of good chocolates of several different sizes.  I got the largest box that they had which was not all that big.  Also, it was the most expensive one they had.  Will you wrap it?  The did with a nice ribbon.  I put it in the trunk to hide it until this morning.  I recommend the  The Fillmore Country Floral. to anyone for a good place to get gifts for all seasons.

This morning I set it on a family room table.  I then began to write something to go with it.  I wrote many different lines, which took me over an hour, then spent some time tweaking them to come up with the following:
The years have come and gone.

Wrinkles have taken center stage.

Gravity is a constant companion.

Our vision has faded.

 “What” is the most used word in our vocabulary.

Our hair has changed over the years.

Our wrinkles are prominent.

Gravity has taken its toll.

Memory has slipped.

My heart aches when your body aches.



Your beauty, your goodness remains.

You are a charitable, thoughtful, and compassionate.

Your love for the Savior grows stronger.

I am a better person because of you.

 My love for you grows as the years come and go.

May our remaining years be prosperous.

I tried to scan and copy it.  I could not get the scanner to work.  I took several pictures and this is the best one.  I added a heart and enlarged it.  I then put the verses in front of the photo. This is what I left on the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment