Followers

Monday, February 29, 2016

Putting Christmas Lights Away


It was 11:30 am, Carol called me and asked if I would cut the lights free from the wire that they were hanging on in front of our house.  That stopped me from working in the greenhouse. 


Carol had started to put the Christmas lights away.  She asked me to help cut some of the wires that were holding the lights.  I was a little reluctant to go, but went anyway.  I cut them free and she took charge and was telling me what to do.  I figured that I might as well help here out and get all the light down.  It wasn't long until all of the were down.  We put each string of lights, which included the icicle lights into grocery shopping bags.

We stopped for lunch.  After lunch I put the lights on the front porch away.  I then removed the icicle lights that were on the eves of the roof.  I put them in bags and put the bags in the totes.  They are now safely in the garage. 

I then went back to work at the greenhouse.  Carol suggested that I mow up the leaves that had been on the lawn all winter under snow.  The tractor had to be moved to get the lawnmower out of house five.  Of course the tires were flat.  I pumped them up.  The one tire on the lawn mower was flat. I pumped it up.  Took the tractor out side and moved the fork of the lawn.  I put the tractor back in the greenhouse.  The lawnmower was nearly out of gas.  It started right up. I mowed up the leaves and dumped them in the garden.

I mowed the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment