Followers

Friday, February 12, 2016

Ward History 2015

I kind of dropped the ball on ward history.  I started out pretty good at the beginning of the year, but by about June, I didn't get much recorded.  The history is to be turned in to the stake by February 17, which is next week.  Wednesday night I picked up the weekly agenda notes from the Bishop.  worked some yesterday morning and got all the information that I could get from his notes.

Yesterday afternoon was our ward chapel session at the Manti temple. I started at six and we left home a little before four.  We were way early as usual.  Carol always plans to be at an appointment plenty early and this was no exception.  We were the first one from our ward in the temple chapel.  The 5:30 left which left us the only ones in the chapel.  slowly others from our ward began to enter.  We were on the second bench from the front.  A few more people came in the front door, and others came in the back door.  We could see much behind us.  The chapel session started, and when we left for the 6:30 session, the chapel was nearly full.  There was nearly ninety people on the session.

When we were finished, we began our journey home.  The night was cold and we got home at ten.  We had lunch before we went to bed.  I was supposed the record "Doc Marten" which started at seven.  Carol has been waiting all week to watch it.  She was pretty unhappy when I discovered that it didn't get recorded.

This morning I began work on the ward history.  There are a number things that I would include in the history that are a little news worthy and would be in the Millard County/progress.  I can see that on line.  We subscribe to the paper which allows us to view it on line.  It took several phone calls and a couple of hours to get user name and password. 

Well it worked.  I found one article and photo about one of the young ladies in our ward that had a notable achievement.  I wrote the need text to go with the picture, but I could not copy the picture.  I messed around with it and unsuccessful.  Finally, I took a screen shot of it and eventually go the photo in the history.  It was poor quality



No comments:

Post a Comment