Followers

Friday, January 29, 2016

Picture Frame is Glued Together

We went to Fillmore this morning to get a few things at the Market. 

Carol wanted to get the big TV out of her bedroom. It hasn't been on for years and taking up a lot of room and collecting dust.  I is very heavy.  I can't lift it by myself.  Unconected the power card and we slid it onto a bench nest to the table it was sitting on.  It would move.  I did not disconnect the signal cable.  I got that done.  We then picket up the bench and TV and slowly move it two the front door.  We stopped several times to rest.  The doorbell rang and our neighbor brought me some tax papers.  He helped us get it to the end of the sidewalk.  I brought the car over and we stuck it in the trunk.  It was so big that we couldn't close the trunk.  We slowly drove on the frontage road and took it to the DI drop off.  There was a person there who helped us lift it out of the trunk.

While there I bought another piece of glass, 8 1/2 by 11 inch.  When we got home I got a 8 1/2 x 11 and cut in to one square with 8 1/2 inch sides.  I designed the frame on top of that paper.  I determined the short side and long side of the frames.  I cut the rabbits and mitered the ends.  I turned the miter gage at a 45 degree and attached a four foot board to the face of it.  By using a stop block I was able to cut the sides to the same size and the same for the ends.

I joined the miters together and made the rectangle.  I got the glass to check it to fit.  It didn't fit.  The outside of the frame fit the glass perfectly, but would not fit the rabbit.  got the problem fixed and made new sides and ends larger.

After lunch I got it all glued together and clamped.  Clamping was a problems.  I drilled holes through the rabbit.  Then placing a little dowel to keep the two pieces lined up.  I glued the all together and used four clamps.

Late this afternoon I ordered plants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment