Followers

Monday, January 18, 2016

Another Space Saver

I worked on my business taxes this morning.  The Federal withholding taxes and the state sale taxes.  What more can I say about these.  I had no employees the last quarter of 2015 so I had no money to pay.  I did sale some plants during the last quarter and had to pay some sales tax, but not much.  That took much of the morning.

This afternoon I worked in the nursery for about and hour.  The weather has been quite warm. 

The late afternoon I built a little shelf for the pantry and organize powered sugar, brown sugar, shredded coconut,  and some odds and ends.
The partial box is 16 inches deep, 8 inches deep, and 18 inches wide.   Items are put into small totes with two on the top and two on the bottom.  The totes are labeled as to what they contain. 
Last spring was the first time that we have tried to grow luffa sponges. We started with transplants which were started late in the spring.  We tried them anyway.  I don't know if anyone else started any.  We had about five plants.  It took a long time before we saw any flowers.  When we did, they were the male flowers.  We saw a lot of male flowers before there were any female flowers and then some fruit.  Once they started growing we could see a difference everyday.
This  pictures is of the first luffa that started.  It took quite a while before we saw any other sponges. There were about eight more sponges.  Most of the were smaller than the one above. 



1 comment: