Followers

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Making a Table Saw Sled


Got up at regular time this morning.  Being Saturday, I turned the TV on for the six O'clock news.  I pushed the pause button and then had my shower and shaved.  I pressed the play button and fast forward to the national news.  I watched for a 30 minutes and then read another chapter in the Book of Mormon. 

Now that the Christmas tree decorations are put away, there is still a mess on the bedroom floor.  I spent about an hour getting that cleaned up.  I then worked in the garage.  There is a lot of saw dust and other things on the floor, and small pieces of wood that I needed to take care off.  Much of it was kindling and firewood.  I gathered it up.  There were some pieces  that were too long to fit in a stove.  I cut them into smaller pieces. I took them over to Raymond, next door.

I cleaned some of the paths through the snow and made them a little wider.  I did the watering in house two.  I then went back to the garage to build a Table Saw Sled.  I have watched them being built on You Tube.  I got it started.  We ate lunch at Costa Veita in Fillmore.  It was a birthday gift from Carol. Their serving are more than we can eat.  Therefore,  we brought most of it home.  It is fast Sunday tomorrow and we won't be eating again until after Church. 

Worked some more on the table saw sled.  I used a 2 x 4 for the front of the sled.  There was a fairly good size piece or 3/4 oak plywood. I cut it in half and attached the 2 x 4 to the front of the plywood,  I glued and screwed the runners that fit in the groves on both sides of the saw blade.  I got it put together, but the runners would not fit in the groves.  I took it apart.  The 2 x 4 was bowed.  I used my jointer to remove the bow.  Glued the runners back on.  This is not a very good photo.  It was a little dark in the garage.  The saw cut down the middle is where the blade is raised.  The fence is at the bottom of the picture.   There is a stop held by the wooden clamp.  I can then push the wood I am cutting next to the stop and make number of pieces the same length.
I worked in the greenhouse while the glue was drying.  Several days ago i filled four con-trainer trays with soil.  This afternoon I planted Salvia pachyphylla seeds in the trays.  I now have nine trays and probably have enough seed for four more trays.

Now back at the garage I finished the table saw sled.  I cut several pieces of wood to test it out. It  seems to work very well.  Next week I hope to make a cube puzzle.

I built a tool to hold safely the wood on a jointer.  I also built out of Masonite a pusher where I can safely cut 3/16" pieces of wood.








No comments:

Post a Comment