Followers

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Building a Small Table or Stool

Yesterday, I wanted to build a stool.  I run out of  time before I run out of something else to do.  Last night I sort of sketched a design of a small table.  I have a large stool for the table that where I eat.  I have small stool at my desk top computer.  This morning I began to build it.  I am calling it a table because it is square.  I build it out of out of old weathered 2 x 4s and some other weather one inch pickets from someone's fence. 

I cut four legs, four trestles, and four skirts out of 2 x 4s.  the 2 x 4s are 1 1/2 inches thick.  I cut all of them in so they are square except the skirts.   There is a pile of mistakes that I made which caused me to take some apart.  The skirts were cut to short.  They were to be put under the seat and screwed to the legs.  I had to cut them shorter and place them between the legs.  The trestle were put together in and "H" shape.  I wanted to have the weathered wood showing,  I ended up trimming the weathered trimmed off both sides.  I had to make a new one. 

I made the top out of  four 2 x 4 x 11 inches long.  they  should have 13 or 14 inches long.  I trimmed weathered sides off the centered board and one side off the two edge boards.  I glued the boards together and clamped them.  I moved them two separate times before the glue had set and the came apart at the middle.  I then put more glue on, and clamped them, and will wait till tomorrow to finish the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment