Followers

Friday, January 1, 2016

Remove the Christmas Tree


Yesterday we drove to Provo to do a little shopping, and get some tools at Home Depot.  The roads were wet all the way and there were a few spots of slush on the road.  I got a $50 gift card and Carol was going to add another $50 to that.  We were north of Nephi and Carol asked me if I had the gift card.  I did not, I left it home.  We had gone to far to turn around so we decided to keep going and come back on another day.  We did our shopping, got a little to eat and went to Robert and Jeanne's house for and evening of New Years eve party.  We haven't found a direct way to their house and a direct way back to I-15.   So it took us a little longer to get there from Provo and to find our way back to I-15.

Those attending are:  Holden and Megan, Jared and Hallie, Dalston and Maison, and Sadie, who left a little later to attend a party with her friends.  We played numerous games, of which I did not do to well, but Carol did very well.  We left about 10:30.  The ride home started out on wet roads, but soon dried out.  There were a few places where the wind had blown snow across the road, and there were a few spots of thick fog.

Today, New Years, is my birthday,  I had some presents from Lisa and Eric, and Melissa and Derick.  I opened them.

It was after twelve when we went to bed.  I turned of the alarm light because I didn't want to get up that early.  I did get up a little before seven.   I turned the TV on and put it on pause so I would not miss the 7:00 news.  I then bathed and watched the first half hour of news.  Carol was up by then and started to remove the snow flakes from the tree.   I fed the cat in house five and fed the chickens. 

We had breakfast and then proceded to remove all of the ornaments from the tree.  I got the boxes ready and it went pretty well getting the ornaments in the right box and then fitting the boxes in the tote.  Putting the tree back in the box has always been a chalange. but it seemed to be most difficult.  I wrapped each of the four section tight with heavey twine.  I couldn't close the lid.  I cut the twine loose and reloaded the box, but still couldn't close the lid.  I shifted the tree sections around a little and was able after much pressure I was able to close and lock the lid.  I took the tree and boxes back to the garage.  Carol vacuumed the rug and I swept the kitchen. 

We watched part of the Rose Parade which I had put on pause.  We had lunch and then I watched a football game.  I was able to watch only one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment