Followers

Friday, January 8, 2016

Not Finished

Yesterday I started making a small table.  I had the legs and trestle made.  All I had left to do was finish the table top.  I left it in the garage all night to be sure that the glue had cured.  This morning it looked really good.  I need to put a frame around the top to cover the cut edges.  I trimmed the end grain to prepare to glue the frame on. I attached the top to the legs.  That took awhile.  I glued two frames opposite on opposite sides.  I clamped it thought that it the glue would bond this afternoon.

We went to Fillmore to get a few groceries and fill the car with gas.   After lunch I worked in the nursery. 

The table is waiting in the garage.  I bought a spay can of varnish.  I am not sanding any of it.  I want the rustic appearance, not the fine sanded, high gloss appearance. 

Watch tomorrow I will have a picture for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment