Followers

Monday, May 8, 2017

Moving, Cleaning, and Fixing


Pomegranate Tree
What I did today for the most part was not on my to do list.  The pomegranate tree/bush was moved from house two to it place at the west end of the kidney,  There are about six pomegranits on it.
The darcenia is three or four years old.  It spends the winter in house two with the pomegranate shrub and three lemon trees.  It had a lot of dead and damaged leaves which I removed and now looks pretty good.  I drove three conduit pipes into the ground and with some twin I tied it tightly to the pipes to prevent the wind from blowing it over.
At the corner of the garage we planted a pussy willow tree.  It had been there nearly 12 years.  Each spring we would cut pussies for display in the house.  It got so big that I cut it back nearly to the ground a couple of years ago.  It grew back with some promising stems, but they did not amount to much.  Last year they died.  I thought that I would have someone with a backhoe dig them out.  Today I decided to cut the tree stumps at ground level.  It was fairly easy cutting.  I hauled the stomps to our trailer.
 Looks much better after digging out the weeds and removing the stumps.
 I but the three lemon trees in nursery pots that are nailed to the ground with fourteen inch spikes. 
Another angle.
I took my computer to Fillmore to get it fixed.  It would not connect to the internet.  Dan hooked it to his monitor and keyboard.  It worked for him.  I brought it home, hooked it up and still would not connect to the internet.  There are four ports for the eithernet connection.  The first one was being used.  I hooked it to the last one and WOW,  it worked.

While in Fillmore I bought some spark plugs for the lawn mower.  I put them in and the mower would not start.  I forgot put the plug cords on.  I did it and it started right up.  I bought some silicone to stop the leak.  I put a lot on the inside.  I had to put some on my finger and then reach in and apply it to the back.  I also put it on the front which you can see.  I don't think that it will leak anymore.
Last fall Carol received a small pack of wild flower seeds during a Relief Society event.  I planted them in the fourteen inch tub.
I removed a lilac fan from the garden and threw it away.  Carol got it an planted it by the back porch.  It survived a couple of winthers and not is blooming.


Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment