Followers

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Irrigation and More


I was up day break and turned the water down.  I prepared most of the pipes last night.  The watering really went well.  I cleaned the screens about every fifteen minutes.  Then about every thirty minutes and after that every once in awhile.  I was finished around 2:30.

As I was watching the water, I took several photos.  The one below is the peas.  The bottom row of twine is well reached by the pea vine tendrals.   There is a middle row and a top row.  They are growing quite rapidly. 
Before I watered Robert's tomato plants,  The first tomato plants that were planted in house one were to watered well enough.  They are really droopy.  When I dug down to the root level, the soil was dry.  I made a small well which would fill up when I watered them.  We will see if they improve in the next couple of days.
We have this beautiful Munro's Globe mallow,   Sphaeralcea munroana north of our yard.  It seems to look prettier each day, so I take a picture almost every day.
 Here is another Munro's Globe mallow,   Sphaeralcea munroana, which is white. I didn't notice it last year, but it was there the year before.
After my water turn was over, I got the weed whip went after the grasses and weeds at the west end of our garden. 

There was a small bunch under the grape vines.

West of house five I wacked down some grasses that I had killed earlier.

I got the work done and Carol wanted to walk through our yard.  She found a mess north of house two and three.  We folded the poly that was in house two and put it in the truck.  I drug the weed barrier from house two, to the truck and put it in.  I was done, but Carol wasn't so we took them to the dumpster.




No comments:

Post a Comment