Followers

Friday, May 26, 2017

Planting, Eye Guy, Mowing, & Planting

I watched most of the 7:00 news this morning then checked on conditions at the nursery.  Things looked good.  I did a little watering.  Robert and his friends cleaned house one.  The weed barrier was pulled out almost to the street and left there.  Carol has asked me several times to take care of it.  It looks quite untidy, as you see the picture below.
There were two large piece and several small pieces.  They were 12 feet wide and one was about 72 feet long and the other was about 60 feet long.  They were covered with dirt.  The wind was blowing some and they were hard keep in place.  I turned them upside down to dump off the dirt.  I cut the long one in half.  I eventually got them all folded and stored away.
 While by the road folding the weed barrier, they poppy below was blooming.  There are a lot of weeds around it that I need to cut out.
 I planted a large hibiscus plant that survived the winter, because it was in the green house.

It was time for lunch.  I ate a left over slice of pizza.  Also, I cut two stalks of red beats.  They almost look like rhubarb; the were so big.
 I cut the stalks into small pieces and cut the leave.  I boiled it for ten minutes, drained it and added butter and salt.  I thought the stalks would tough and stringy, but I was wrong.  They were tender and tasted good.  Picture is a little fuzzy.  The butter is on top and beginning to melt.
After lunch I did some watering.  We then went to Fillmore to see the Eye Guy.  Eyes were good.  We were gone from home for two hours.

After we got home I prepared a row in the garden for the Burpless cucumbers.  After supper we planted 18 plants.  It took most of the row.  We put cages on each plant.  The clarify:  I planted 3 seeds in each cup.  There were a couple where only one seed germinated.



Comments and questions welcomed.




No comments:

Post a Comment