Followers

Friday, May 19, 2017

Cool Day

Our lawn was mowed about ten days ago and is now pretty tall.  I mowed it this afternoon.  I had to move the lawn furniture.  I will move it back when I mow next week.
I sprayed some weeds that were missed the last time I sprayed.  I filled the tank up twice.

The bathroom sink has been draining slowly.  It is partially plugged.  Carol has asked me several times to fix it.  I took trap apart and removed a few other parts and they were filled with yuck.  I put a pan under the drain to catch the water and the yuck.  I took some of the parts outside and sprayed them with the hose.  This remove all of the yuck.  I put it together.  That did not speed up the draining any.  I went to You Tube to find the solution.  The video showed how to remove the stopper.  I did that.   The lever that lifts the stopper is behind the drain pipe and can't be seen.  I pushed a wet old sock through it and pulled it out through the bottom.  I put it together and it drained perfectly. 
Several projects today.  Yesterday we bought a large clay pot and a base.  We have a plant, which I don't remember the name.  I been on the kitchen window and has been trained to clime a straight stick.  I put it in the larger clay pot.  I found a nice stick about six feet long.  I sharpened one end into a long point.  I could not remove the plant from the pot.  I had to break it.   I filled the new pot with potting soil and some compost.  I put the plant in the pot and pushed the trellis which is a single six foot stick.  Finally, I was able to plumb trellis.  It is sitting in front of the door to the patio.  The plant is rapped around the trellis and is difficult to see.
I repaired a small piece on the plant stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment