Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Planted Tomatoes

We were at the Manti temple most of the day.  As soon as we got home I changed clothes, checked out house two for watering, and then watered the baskets and pots in our front yard.  I then watered the houses one, two, and three.

This is the output fittings.  I went on line to find  one.  The photo on the left what I found on line.  The one below has been leaking badly.  I covered it with silicone which did not help.  The silicone is now preventing me from removing it.  I used a jig saw trying to take it off.  I cut from the hole to the outside trying not to cut in the tank.  It is a 1" Double threaded bulk head fitting.



Yesterday I made three rows and put three sheets of weed barrier made the rows.  This afternoon I dug holes about five feet apart down the rows.  I then put osmocote fertilizer in each hole.   I put a tomato in each hole.  On my knees I covered the root ball with soil.
For years I planted tomatoes, put a tag down next to the plant.  In the late summer and fall, I can't find the tag.  I have solved that problem writing the name of the plant with a sharpie, and then pound it into the ground in front of the plant.7
The I run the water down the row.  The water today was stored in a 1100 gallon tank. 



No comments:

Post a Comment