Followers

Monday, May 22, 2017

Tomato Preparation

First off I filled the sprayer tank with Round-up. It started to leak quite badly.  last week I plugged all the leaks with silicone.  The chemical was coming out  a different hole.  I hurried and began spraying weeds in the garden.  Some are now covered by weed barrier.   I sprayed other weeds before I ran out of the round-up mix.  The bottom photo shows the weed barrier.

The peas have been growing for some time now.  A trellis needs to be made before the get to tall.  I drove five, three foot conduit as posts.  One on each end, one in the middle, and one in the middle of the middle.  I placed three strings of twine from one end to the other end and wrapped them around the middle posts.
 The photo below shows how the twine is attached to the posts.  I put the  bottom twine on without wrapping it.  I didn't think about it soon enough.  I use a small piece of white twine to secure the bottom sting to the post.
Tomato preparation.  Below are three rows of weed barrier that are four feet wide.  There will be two rows of tomato plants.  I made a row which is about sixteen inches wide.  There will be a tomato about every five feet.  We will hoe out the weeds that grow between the weed barriers.  I have wire tree baskets which will serve as tomato cages.
sprayed weeds,

No comments:

Post a Comment