Followers

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Burning

I woke up about every hour last night.  I got up at six, showered, and shaved.  I read a short chapter from the Book of Mormon and posted it on Face Book.  I fed the cats and started breakfast.  I turned on the 7 O'clock news.  It was almost seven thirty when Carol got up.  We ate breakfast.  I watered all of the plants in the Garden.  I watered the hanging baskets on the front porch and the plants on the steps.  I watched the Matlock show on TV.  I then went to the post office and picked up the mail. The state road department was putting down new asphalt on three or four blocks on main street.  Some of our neighbors were burning weeds in the ditch and in the front yard.   I turned on the water on and oak tree north of greenhouse three.

I took picture of a large desert 4'O clock plant north of greenhouse two.
Carol called.  She said that the vacuum cleaner was not working, there was no suction.  I left the project that I was working on and went back to house.  I worked on that vacuum for over an hour.  I thought that the suction pipe was plugged.  I wasn't.  I took the suction part off.  I had to take out about ten screws.   The rubber belt was damaged some.  I couldn't get it off.  I got a pair of scissors and cut it in half.  I pulled the roller brush off.   I went to the junk drawer and got a spare rubber belt.  The hardest part of this job was putting on the rubber belt.  When I finished turned on the vacuum.   It worked like new.

I got this photo of m neighbors burning the puncture weeds.  The sprayed the weeds with deiseal and then used a propane flame burned puncture weeds.  One of the guys had a water hose and spayed water on the place that was not supposed to burn.  There were four men doing it.
I was having trouble turning on my phone to take a picture.  I finally got it and took a picture of my feet.
Here is a large section of burn puncture weed vines.
Here is a huge desert 4'0clock plant.  After supper we watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment