Followers

Monday, September 18, 2023

Saturday, Sunday & Monday

Saturday

Robert brought some tomatoes when he was here Friday.  Carol washed the and put them on the counter.  They were there all night.  After breakfast we began to prepare them for Carol's V8 juice. She removed the stems and other blemishes and put them in a kettle where I mashed them, and they were cooked for over an hour.

The juice, onions, parsley, pepper were all put in the pot.

The bottled juice was processed for fifty minutes.  I worked at the computer in my bedroom for over an hour and finally printed some labels.  Carol put them on the quart jars. 

Sunday



Carol fixed a sweet potato for the oven.  She also put in a frozen dinner in the oven.  I set the temperature, bake time, and start time.  Carol took me to choir practice.  She came to church when choir practice was over.   The sacrament meeting speaker were very good.  I didn't think that Sunday school lesson was as good as the sacrament meeting speakers were.

Monday

I picked cucumbers, crookneck squash, zucchini and one tomato.
I took it all except for the tomato to the post office when I got the mail.
This afternoon I pruned the dahlias. There was one plant that was about to fall over.  I drove a stake behind it into the ground.  I tied the dahlia to the stake.
The peonies are through blooming.  I cut one down.  It was covered with a climbing weed. 
I watered all of the plants in the front yard and watered the grass east of the house.  The above photo shows the sprinkler on the north end of the lawn.

We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment