Followers

Thursday, December 28, 2023

The Temple Experience

We got up fairly early this morning.  We're going to the Timpanogos Temple this morning.  After I showered, I shaved and put on my suit.  I started a batch of old fashion oatmeal mush and then fed the cats.  Carol was up a little later.  I fixed breakfast.  We got in the car and headed for American Fork.  We were able to drive pretty fast because there wasn't any heavy traffic.    We picked up Miles and Nyleen Batty.  We then went to the temple where we met Lisa, Eric, Emly and Skyler Gray.  

I was close to the Timpanogos temple when I took this picture.  I was almost looking straight up.  We were all on the same session.  After the session was over, Eric Gray went with me to get the car.  We took several family pictures.  We stopped at Sam's Club to update our account.  Once inside we went to the place where we could do this.  We waited in line and waited and waited some more.  Once we got to someone that could help us she couldn't give us any help.  She finally told us to come back some other time.  We got some hamburger and a two bottles of apple juice.  We had a longer wait than usual before we were able to check out. We decided to get gas while we were there.  The lines were short.  For some reason I couldn't get the pump to work. The display said to try again. I put my wallet down next to the pump.  I still couldn't get it to work.  I was ready to drive away and get gas somewhere else.  The was a worker at the other pump line.  Carol drove to it.  Before I got out of the car.  A man came over with a wallet, Carol recognized it.  It was my wallet.  The worker helped us get the gas.  If we drove away, it is likely that we would never see it again.  It had my driver's license and other important cards.  We were blessed.  Nyleen always makes us a lunch to eat on the way home.  We stopped at Walmart.  I had my iPad and I wanted to get it updated.  The clerk there helped me with it but he couldn't do it.  It had to be done at our house.  We then drove home. We were in a traffic jam in Nephi.  It was stop and go.  We finally got through Nephi and were able to drive home without any difficulty.  It was a little after four when we got home.
On the way to American Fork, there was another beautiful sunrise.  We watched it most of the way to American Fork.  We had a little lunch.  We then watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment