Followers

Monday, May 22, 2023

Mowing Time

After breakfast I decided to mow the lawn.  I moved all of the hoses and other things that would interfere with mowing. I checked the oil in the lawn mower. It was good. The tire pressure also was good.  I started mowing the front lawn.  The grass was really tall.  I went up and down a couple of times.  Carol opened the back door wondered about the peas.  I stopped mowing and began picking peas.  By this time it was pretty hot in house five where the peas were growing.  I took the tote and filled it nearly half full and gave it to Carol.  She began shelling peas and I went back to mowing.  It didn't take long to fill the catcher with grass.

I dumped the bags in the garden.
The grass on the back lawn was really tall.  I started mowing on the north side of the lawn. If I mowed slowly, the mower did a good job.  The grass on the south side of the backyard was a little taller and was a little wetter.  The lawn mower shoot plugged up several times.  The blade was set at three inches. I raised it to the maximin height which was three- and one-half inches.  I finished cutting and then lowered the blade too three inches.  I mowed that part again.  
The grass on the east lawn was not very tall.  It was much easier to mow than the front and back lawns.

The front lawn was tall and if I went slow, the mower did a good job.
There were two hanging baskets left over from last year. I dumped the old soil.  I may use them again.  Later I watered the tomato plants and cut a lot of weeds in the northwest corner of the north garden.  We watched TV until we went to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment