Followers

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Asparagus

After breakfast we watched the morning channel 44 TV programs.  When they were over, we drove to Fillmore.  We stopped at the Fillmore IFA.  We bought some Pontiac potatoes and russet potatoes.  I wanted some celebrity tomato plants.  The didn't have any.  I ordered some.  We stopped at Roper's where I bought lights and a gate valve.  We got soft ice-cream cones.  We ate them on the way home.  After lunch I planted the sweet potatoes.  Two rooted stems and the two sweet potatoes that many roots.  

I picked a lot of asparagus.  The photo above is of one of our best asparagus clump.
I cut down last year's dead asparagus stems.
Carol cooked some asparagus for me.  She doesn't like it.
This is the raised bed where i planted the whole asparagus one each end with a couple leaves showing.  The rooted stems were planted in the center.
The whole asparagus is buried here with the leaves showing. I run water on the sweet potatoes. 
This is the gate valve that I bought.  I turned a little water on at the well.  The valve worked.  No water leaked.  Carol shredded some potatoes.  She fried them with slices of onions,

We are going to the Timpanogos temple early in the morning.  I did the watering in greenhouse five.  I opened the east door and closed the west door.  We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment