Followers

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

More Peas

 After breakfast we watched two channel 44 TV shows. I then went out to greenhouse five and began to pick peas.  Rod Dastrup rang the doorbell. He was wondering if I had fixed the water leaks.  I fixed them yesterday.  He then went to the water meter and turned on the water.  I then checked several new hose bibbs.  The water was there.

Yesterday uncovered the chicken water tunnel.  I worked on it quite a while and finally got the water dripping in the water container.
With my cordless weed eater, I cut down the weeds on the west end of house five.  The sun was shing in such a way that I couldn't get a good picture.
It froze some last night.  The cherries were okay,
I picked a lot of rhubarb this evening.  We are taking it up to Lisa tomorrow.
I did a lot of cutting the grass on the the north end of the north garden.  The peonies have large buds.  
Here is another picture showing the large area of weeds.
The green arrow pea vines are thick and healthy.
I picked enough to nearly fill this tote.  Carol shelled out the peas, blanched them, put them in the freezer and then put them a zip freezer bag. I put them in the freezer that is in the garage.  We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment