Followers

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Picking Peas

Saturday morning after breakfast I took my tote out to greenhouse five. I didn't take my coat for the sun was shining and warmed up house five. I picked peas for nearly two hours.  I sit on a chair and reach out for the plump green arrow peas. 

I took them into the house where Carol removed the peas out of the pod.  It took her over an hour,  She blanched them and put them on two large cooky sheets.  She then put in the freezer.  
I helped Carol put them in a large zip bag and then put them in the freezer in the garage.  We didn't eat lunch because the Holden fire department provided lunch. It started at two. Richard stayed with us last night.  We then had lunch at the fire station.  It was a nice buffet.  We saw people there that we have never seen before.  We also visited with friends and neighbors.
Fire department luncheon.  It started at two this afternoon.
late this afternoon I shut the west door,  I watered the plants.  The temparture in house five.
This fig bush which is one of many is really healthy.
I got several pictures of this liloc bush. Lisa gave it to Carol last year.
Such pretty blossoms.  Carol asked me to email her some pictures.

Richard got the cart and took the pomegranate shrub outside. He put it near the patio in the backyard.  The garden hose will reach it making it easy to water the plant.  In a week or so I will move it to the front yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment