Followers

Saturday, June 10, 2017

A Lot Accomplished Today

Robert and Frank were here some after eight this morning and began to work.  They started in house six pictured below.  Joe came in the afternoon and helped in house one.

A lot of pictures indicating what was accomplished at the nursery today.  Many of the tomato plants had not been trellised and were laying in the isles.  The photo below show the plants in the isle.  We could not walk down the isle.  Most one the east end were trellised properly.  In addition to getting them hanging, we had to cut off all the sucker branches.
Here most are hanging.  We can walk down the isles.  Some plants are nearly six feet tall and have a lot of tomatoes.
Here is a cluster of salad tomatoes and there are many more.
There are many of these.  This tomato is about the size of a tennis ball.
Robert and Frank went to Fillmore for lunch.  I stayed home for lunch which was a frozen pizza.  A couple of days ago I bought two cattle panels.   I began to turn them into hoops.   I tied a heavy twine to the center of one end.  I cinched it to the other end of the panel.  I was able to pull one end to six feet of the other end.  I then turned it 90 degree so both ends were on the ground.  A little more maneuvering and had it oriented in a east west direction.
I did the same thing with the other panel and hooked them together with tie wire.  I drove some short pieces of half inch conduit to prevent them from moving north and south.
On the north side I planted six luffa sponge plants. and several pole bean plants between them.
On the south side I planted five summer type squash and a bunch of pole bean plants.  The vines will climb the sides and meat at the top.  The height is six feet.
Robert added more drip lines and planted egg plants and some wheat.  It is in the center row below.
The egg plants are below.





I braced the sweet corn to keep the wind from blowing it over.  I drove one half inch stakes at the front and end of each row.  There are four rows.  I tied twine to one end and pulled it tight and tied it to the stake on the other end.  I drove some stakes half way down the rows.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment