Followers

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Transplanting Topaz melon and Crimson sweet watermelon,

I planted Topaz melon pictured below.  Some pumpkin gourd, and Crimson sweet watermelon.
Below shows blood meal that I put in each hole before the plant was put in.   I had one small six pack of watermelons which were well rooted except one below.  It is a single plant with showing only the cotelydens.  We will see how it works out.  
I finished planting seven Topaz melons and turned the water on.  It is is running down the Topaz melon row.  They are transplants about two weeks old.  They were easy to remove from the six pack and the soil held together.
 Close up of the Topaz melon plants.
Not much to look at but these summer squash seeds are old and planted a week ago Monday.  I am going to cut them all out except one when they get a little bigger.  The  plant will be trained to grow up a tall stake.
It has been a hot day.  It clouded up late this afternoon.  I did some pruning in house one because it is a little cooler.  There were a lot of suckers on.  I cut them off.  They should have been traillised a couple of weeks ago.  The are also a lot of weeds.  I set on a small scooter and pushed myself backwards to prune the plants.
Below are plants that haven't been pruned.  I will get some of them tomorrow.


Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment